I want to login to a webpage and put my username, password...
Manny
2004-10-08 17:58:18 UTC
I want to login to a webpage and put my username, password and click
the login button. Can I do this using labview?

I am using Labview 6.1 with Windows 2000. I want to automate a project
where I log in to a webpage but I do not want the manufacturing
operators to do this, thus the automation. Can this be done?
SVences
2004-10-11 20:13:04 UTC
Hello –

From your description I understand that you are publishing a front
panel and accessing it remotely but you do not want unauthorized users
to be able to view the web page.

There are no easy options in LabVIEW to password protect a remote
front panel. However, there are several suitable workarounds. Please
follow this <a
href=http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/427FE409FB11575686256DFF0008BBE4?OpenDocument>link</a>.

If I misunderstood your question, please let me know.

S Vences
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Manny
2004-10-11 21:33:46 UTC
Hello. Thank you for your reply.

Actually, I am trying to access a real html web page, and not a remote
front panel. I am accessing a webpage from our IT department where I
log in and I get several product "keys" which I then use in the
manufacturing line. There is a login and password form and a "Submit"
button that I need to somehow access using labview. It then in turn
gives me "keys" that I need. I can already get the keys using ActiveX
DispDocument method. I cant however automate the login proccess. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Manny
SVences
2004-10-13 21:14:53 UTC
Hello –

I am sorry I misunderstood your question.
The good news is that you can do this with LabVIEW. The secret is to
insert the user ID and password into the URL before the host name and
path.
Take a look at this <a
href=http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/BAE38F5848BE7C098625672400640233?OpenDocument>link</a>.

S Vences
National Instruments
Manny
2004-10-13 21:38:43 UTC
Hello again and thanks for the quick reply.

This technique works for ftp servers using web browsers (ie
ftp://ftpserveraddress) by using the process mentioned in your link
(ftp://user:***@ftpserveraddress.com)

Is there a way I can enter my username and password on http web
servers (ie http://httpserver.com)? Its pretty much like logging in
to the exhange.ni.com forum where I have to enter my email address and
password then I have to click the "Continue" button.

Regards,
Manny
SVences
2004-10-25 20:20:51 UTC
Hello –

The technique works for ftp servers and http web servers where a
window pops up, prompting the user for the user ID and password.

If the user ID and password are embedded in the web page (like in
exhange.ni.com forum) then you cannot do it from LabVIEW. In these
cases, requesting for the user ID and password is hard coded and there
is no way we can “get inside the html code” from LabVIEW to provide
the required information.

S Vences
National Instruments